Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Welcome!!

Hello all! 

Welcome to my blog!  I've wanted to start a blog for several years to share my love of DIY projects.  I am always sharing my projects with friends and family and hopefully inspiring people to start their own fabulous creations!  My goal is to never let life get in the way of the projects that keep me sane!! 

Just to catch you all up, here are the last 2 projects I completed:

The Yard Sale Finds

 These beauties were purchased from a yard sale for $2 each (I know, what a steal!).  I could tell they just needed some love and a good scrub down.  

 With a few coats of exterior paint, outdoor fabric, ribbon and my handy staple gun, they are now the best part of my porch!  Lesson learned: don't be afraid to put a little elbow grease in.  These chairs ended up costing a ton less than it would if I bought brand new chairs.

 The Hand-me-down Chair
This chair had been sitting in my parent's living room for as long as I can remember.  My parent's cats had completely shredded the back and arms and the chair was given to me for free.

After too many hours of cutting and sewing I am IN LOVE with the final product.  This was my first slipcover project and I did not even use a pattern.  By pinning the fabric to the chair and cutting each piece to shape, I just winged it and it turned out amazing.  

So I hope these projects show my design esthetic and love for turning ugly furniture into house treasures!


What am I working on now??
I am currently refurbishing a retro sofa table I found at a Habitat for Humanity store.  Details and photos coming soon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment