Saturday, March 31, 2012

According to Nate Berkus everyone should have a random chair....

If you don't know me very well, I am OBSESSED with Nate Berkus. (Nate hope you're reading!!) Nate always says that everyone should have a random chair in a room that doesn't match the others and I have been on the hunt for months for the perfect chair to fit the bill.  Once again, the Habitat for Humanity ReStore came through for me!

Before

So this beauty was $10.  I tested it out and it was the most comfortable wooden chair I have ever sat in.  When buying chairs it is important to sit in it and make sure the frame is structurally sound and stable (because it would be super embarrassing if the chair breaks when you sit in it and no one likes a wobbly chair!).  As you can see in the picture the fabric had giant tears in it which is probably why no one wanted to take it.  Their loss!!

After- Front of Chair
After-Back of Chair

So I used supplies I already had laying down my house so that the only $ spent was on buying the actual chair.  I had leftover white semi-gloss paint and the chair took about 2 coats.  I also had this fabric leftover from the wing-back chair I slip-covered.  Using my trusty staple gun I quickly attached the fabric.  I covered the staples with some ribbon that I attached using my glue gun.  The whole project took about 24hrs, with most of that time spent waiting on paint to dry.  

What I'm working on next:
Next up I am planning on converting an old coffee table into an ottoman.  Stay tuned for the results!  


No comments:

Post a Comment