Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'm back in action!

I have FINALLY finished unpacking and decorating!!  I did like not having to rush to unpack like every other time I have moved but I am very thankful to be able to relax and not look at clutter.

First new project.....how to store all of those shoes.

I don't know if I have mentioned this but I moved into a 90 year old house.  This means closet space is very limited and there was no way I could store my shoe collection in there.  So I had to come up with an easy (and cheap) way to store them all.  Since I have been a student for so long I have several bookscases that I didn't know what to do with.  One night the idea hit me....use a bookcase for shoes.

Supples:
Any bookcase
Tension rods (2 for each "shelf")

What I did:
My bookshelf already had 3 shelves (one that is screwed into place and 2 that are moveable).  I evenly spaced those shelves.  I then purchased 6 tension rods based on the width of the bookcase to make 3 shelves.  Tighten the rods into place so that 2 rods are parallel about 3-4 inches apart.  Then places your shoes on the shelves.




No comments:

Post a Comment