Monday, May 7, 2012

Moving sucks.....most of the time

I have officially moved to Roanoke, VA.  My apartment is currently a disaster area with boxes at every turn.  I usually have a short timeline for unpacking but since I have 5 weeks until I have any obligations I am going to take my time to make my apartment perfect. 

On a negative note, the movers broke my beautiful coffee table turned ottoman.  It was a sad day but it meant that I could go shopping for an alternative.  I learned about this salvage yard in Roanoke that has everything from antiques to old iron gates.  Check out their website at http://www.blackdogsalvage.com/.  I honestly could have bought the entire store but I had to settle on a few pieces for now.  A large portion of the store is broken up into different vendors.  I am in love with the vendor Design Pickers that is run by a real estate stager/ DIYer.  All of her items are brightly colored with fun accessories.  I found a cute coffee table that with brighten up my space (excuse the mess in the background!!)


I will continue the slow process of unpacking and decorating and finding/making more great pieces for my new place.  Check back soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment