Monday, April 30, 2012

Grandma's Dresser #2

As seen in mt previous post, I have inherited a bedroom set.  It took some time to convince my self to paint it but once I fixed up one piece, I was ready to start working on the rest.  This piece was a long dresser with an detachable mirror.  I thought it would make an EXCELLENT TV console.  It is the perfect size and I could still store things I don't use that often (perfect for winter items an accessories!).

Supplies
Paint
New handles and knobs
Drill

What I did
I started by sanding down the areas that needed some help and wiping everything down. I filled the previous holes from the knobs, then it was as simple as a couple coats of paint.   Once the paint was dry, I measured where I needed the new holes and drilled.  I attached the knobs and that was it. 

    
Before

After





What I'm working on next:
As I am moving in a few days, I will be taking a short break, but don't worry because there will be many more projects to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment