Monday, April 9, 2012

Nothing says "Welcome" like a gorgeous door!

My current  door is your standard, boring apartment door.  The only time I'm excited to see it is during Christmas time when it is adorned with a wreath I made last year.  So I started thinking, why should your door not be as cute year round as it is during the holidays?  I began searching for the perfect (and cheap) idea for a new project and found my inspiration on the following website: http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/t-shirt-pom-poms-tutorial.  Even better, I had all of the supplies I needed lying around my apartment.

Will be perfect on my door!  Just need to add a bow!


The Supplies
Old t-shirts
cardboard
picture frame

What I did
Following the instructions on the website, I made 3 t-shirt poms.  I then painted a frame that I had (because the previous color was an ugly textured gold).  When everything was put together, I had a great piece to hang on my door.

What I'm working on next:
Pack to painting!  I found some large drawers at ReStore that I am going to upcycle into under-the-bed storage containers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment