Sunday, April 8, 2012

Still on the hunt for a desk chair!

So you would think after the last chair I bought to go with my new gray desk didn't fit that I would start measuring chairs before buying them.....but its just not so.  This chair was found at Goodwill by a friend of mine.  The picture looked decent so I thought why not.  Well it of course doesn't fit, but it still needed some love.  Whoever painted this chair before me did a horrible job!  The paint rubbed off on my hands before sanding and I knew this would take SEVERAL coats of paint.  But nonetheless I had to do it.

Chair Before

I found a quart of pale blue oops paint at Home Depot.  It wasn't exactly the shade I was looking for so using my handy acrylic craft paint I tinted the blue to a color that I liked more.  After 2 long days of painting, there is vast improvement. 

Chair After
 I think having a bright colored chair always livens up a room.  Its the perfect shade for Easter.  Hopefully my sister (who I am giving the chair to) likes it!

What I'm working on next:
I've been inspired to make some sort of decor for my front door.  Come back to see what I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment