Monday, April 16, 2012

The perfect desk chair......FINALLY!!

I've been on the hunt for a while now.  I've refurbished 2 chairs that didn't work but now I have the perfect chair.  I traded my sister the blue chair in a previous post for a beat up, stained, ugly chair that she stole from my parents when you moved into her new apartment.  I could see the potential.

Chair before


Supplies
Paint
Leftover fabric
Staple gun

What I did
The chair was this awkward pale avocado green that I was not a fan of.  In my efforts to save time I opted not to sand the chair before painting.....BIG MISTAKE!!  I don't know if this chair was stubborn or the finish was too fancy but it took way too many coats of paint to cover the chair.  I used leftover white paint and spent several days painting and waiting and painting some more.  I then took leftover fabric and covered the seat.  Be sure to pull the fabric tight before stapling so it is smooth on time.  After screwing the seat back to the fabric it was finished.

Chair after


Voila!  In love!  I love the chevron fabric and I know it will look perfect in my new apartment!!

What I'm working on next:
My coach pillows are in need of a makeover!!

No comments:

Post a Comment